Happy Tuesday and I hope everyone’s week has started off great! Today I wanted to share with you the trends going on with my favorite accessory: statement earrings! Ear candy is available in every shape, size, and color. I love earrings because they are fun, quick, and they make an outfit look put together easily! A statement earring adds glam and class to your outfit, and I love how long, dangly earrings elongate your neck and bring out a strong jawline. See a few photos of me wearing statement earrings recently:
Handmade and gifted by a friend!
Kenneth Jay Lane
Anthropologie, seen again below:
Vanessa Mooney Tassels
Last Tuesday I wrote about shoe trends for 2017, and many of the in-style characteristics for shoes also hold true for earrings this spring, including stars, tassels, studs, and pom-poms. See the list of statement earring trends for 2017 below.
Pom Pom and Ball Earrings
Ear climbers or asymmetrical styles
Stones or natural materials
Studs: Initials, Stars, Hearts, Lips, Eyes, and other Symbol Shapes with a 90’s nostalgia
A common motto of mine is “you get what you pay for.” Of course you can stock up on earrings or a super trendy style at Forever 21 or a mall boutique, but I prefer to invest in pieces that will last me multiple seasons and do not irritate my ears (I am sensitive to nickel). My favorite brands and places to find cute statement earrings are:
Baublebar – The most affordable, trendy, and best-value options can be found at Baublebar.com.
Anthropologie – The brands run pricier at Anthropologie, but there is no shortage or beautiful, eclectic options! I got the lavender tassel earrings in the picture above from Anthropologie.
Stella & Dot – Stella and Dot has high quality products and beautiful metal pieces. I wear THESE all the time!
Kenneth Jay Lane (Nordstrom, Shopbop, Revolve) – These are pricier and run sort of heavy, but they are beautiful for a date night or when you do not plan to run around a lot throughout the day. He makes THESE huge turquoise ones, pictured above.
Vanessa Mooney (Nordstrom, Shopbop, Revolve) – I am obsessed with this designer currently. The tassel option she offers are so lightweight, quality, and colorful! She makes THESE yellow tassels I have on in the picture above!
Kendra Scott – Kendra Scott has been around for a while now. I want THESE.
J. Crew – I first purchased a coral flower necklace from J. Crew a few years ago and have loved browsing their selection for a while! THESE are on my birthday wishlist along with the matching bracelet!
Other places to shop earrings: Belk, Betsy Johnson, Kate Spade, Ann Taylor, Asos
Finally, before I go, you may have noticed that I did not do a Monday Matters, but wanted to share with you my goals for the week, which are my focus this week:
1. Get in bed by 10 (or 12 worst case scenario). Lack of sleep is typically my source of an underachieved week, so this is my ultimate priority.
2. Eat well. Monday I had a Quest Bar and Coffee for breakfast, a tuna melt for lunch, and Chipotle for dinner (which I count as healthy: Carnitas, Fajitas, Pico, Guac, Cheese, & Lettuce).
3. Write four blog posts. I have new posts planned for Tuesday-Friday this week.
4. Attend four yoga classes. Come practice with me at Noma Square Wednesday, Zanti Power Yoga Thursday, Soul Yoga Friday, Zanti Power Yoga Saturday. I also teach at HUB Fitness in Travelers Rest tonight at 6 PM and Zanti Power Yoga Sunday at 5:45 PM.
5. Lift and do cardio 3 days.
6. Blogging Class. I am attending an online workshop tonight and tomorrow and am so excited about it!
Leave a comment below with where you like to find cute earrings or what your weekly goals are this week!