In honor of Valentine’s day I decided to share some unique Valentines Day date ideas and options. I have included options in Greenville, SC, but every small town should have similar options available. We can be a little more creative than dinner and a movie to spice up this upcoming Tuesday night.
DATE IDEAS FOR COUPLES
- Rock Climbing at your local gym – I love to exercise during the week and there is not much time after work on a Tuesday night to include a class and date, so try a new workout together or switch up your routine. Greenville’s rock climbing studio is off Haywood Road and called Mountain Goat Climbing.
- Partner or Acro Yoga class – Many local yoga studios offer partner yoga. Search the hashtag #acroyoga on Instagram to get a better image of what I mean. It appears very intimidating, but most people who take these classes have never tried them either! It is fun, builds trust and chemistry, and you will both feel like body builders afterward. My yoga studio, Zanti Power Yoga, is hosting one and still has space available.
- Couples’ Massage – There are often Groupon specials you can purchase online. This is a very nice gesture and would be great for a weeknight, but I would plan early, as these tend to fill up quickly. I have even had good experience with chains such as Massage Envy. You can also become an expert in Thai massage at Maya Movement the Sunday prior Valentine’s with this couples workshop.
- Home cooked Raclette and Fondue – Think non-pasteurized raclette cheese melted over a French baguette, soft potatoes, olives, shrimp, and salami slices followed by DIY chocolate-dipped strawberries. Pair with red wine and an old Audrey Hepburn or Sinatra movie! You can find pre-made meals and Crème Brulee at The Fresh Market if you want to stay home but aren’t interested in cooking.
FOR THE SINGLE KIDS
- Mani/Pedi – Maybe you are simply busy on Valentine’s and do not have time to assemble or plan. A mani, pedi, massage, or long bath in Epsom salt can help you enjoy the day. After all, no one said the day devoted to love could not be about self-love!
- Girls or Guys Only Brewery Night – You will most likely find singles at your local brewery. Many even host trivia nights. My most favorite single Valentine’s Day Date happened at Flying Saucer Trivia Night with my four girls from my college. It was the perfect environment and although we are all married or engaged now, we still talk about that night! Greenville’s breweries include female-owned Birds Fly South, Quest Brewery Co., Brewery 85, Blue Ridge Brewing Co., and Thomas Creek Brewery.
- Wine & Design or Vino & Van Gogh – Not only will you have some new house decoration, but it is affordable and an easy, mess-free craft night you can plan with your girlfriends (or guyfriends).
So what do you think? Comment below with your favorite past Valentines date ideas.
With Joy, Audrey
Follow my blog with Bloglovin