Happy Monday Everyone! I have been so busy lately and my exhaustion has finally caught up with me so I wanted to share a late post on ways to love yourself this week. A goal I have recently added to my mountain of challenges is to learn to love Mondays. In an effort to achieve that, I plan on posting self-motivating and self-improving posts on Monday. These posts will be a way for me to hold myself accountable through keeping records and writing down my ideas towards a better week, but readers will also be able to apply these to his or her week.
Last week I joined and attended a CREIA meeting, a seminar with my husband, went to a Bloggers Union meeting, taught 2 yoga classes, went to the DMV, got my iphone screen fixed, took a 6 AM yoga class, and worked 4 days before heading to Gatlinburg, TN for my second bachelorette party of the year. The bachelorette party was for my sweet college best friend Kristin. We had Spanish 201 together and realized we were both pledging Alpha Class for a new sorority and talked for an hour outside the nursing building at the University of South Carolina. Many years of adventures were to follow! This weekend we went tubing, rode a mountain coaster, laughed, cooked, danced, and added memories to our catalog of nostalgia! Finally, I taught yoga Sunday and unpacked as soon as I got home.
It is now Monday and I am tired, sore from a yoga class I just took, and ready to conquer the remainder of the week. So, without further ado, here are five ways we can recharge and love on ourself this week:
- Say no to something. If you are like me, you always have obligations and meetings popping up. This leaves little time for you to relax. Since revitalizing myself is my focus this week, I am not going to add anything to my plate this week. Instead, go grab coffee with yourself and read a book. If coffee isn’t your thing then try going on a nature walk at your local park by yourself. Complete some sort of act of service for yourself. Too often we do not show our bodies gratitude.
- Use lotion. Gatlinburg was fun, but my skin is dry and feeling the residual effects of tubing on windy Ober Mountain in 50 degree weather. Each day after bathing I plan to use Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture Lotion on my face and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream on my hands, feet, elbows, arms, and legs. Self-care is essential to good health and moisturizing is something I slack on but always gives skin life.
- Paint my nails. I rarely paint my nails, but recently got THESE Formula X polishes for $5 each at Sephora. The brand is being discontinued in Sephora stores, so go grab a new color and actually use it. I always feel put-together and finished with my nails done, but I do not get my nails painted except on occasion.
- Go to bed earlier. This is pretty self-explanatory. I am shooting for a minimum of 8 hours a night this week.
- Get a massage. Okay, I am always about saving money and I do not have a massage budgeted. I am a member at my local Planet Fitness and they have hydro massage machines, which I have never tried. I am going to make a point to try them out finally. If you do not have this option available, get your SO to give you a short massage. You can use also use a heating pad on your shoulders. We also have a collection of massage tools such as this massage ball that I rub my feet on while watching TV. If you don’t have time for any of this, take an extra long bath. Finally, if you have it in your budget, go get a real massage!
Let me know if you are planning to love on yourself or if you have any other ways to destress, relax during the week.
With Joy, Audrey