I have loved makeup and beauty since I was old enough to buy it. Today I am going to share my five favorite holy grail makeup products that changed my daily and night routines. Most of these amazing beauty products can be found for purchase at your local CVS pharmacy, Sephora, or local makeup counter. I have at least three brands of variety of every makeup category. There are either no similar comparable products or I have tried everything on the market for each item listed below.
- Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil – I purchase the 50 mL Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil at Sephora for $48. Each bottle lasts around 6 months. Paraben, Sulfate, and Phthalate free, Josie Maran’s Argan Oil is safely sourced from women’s cooperatives in Morocco and is rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids. The number one requirement for beautiful makeup and looking your best is moisturization and skincare prep. I put this on before bed and look twice as rested and refreshed as when I forget. Used as a sealant on the ends of hair, it can smooth split ends. The natural oil helps reduce acne and helps reduce oily skin by training the skin to produce less of its own oil. I mix this with my foundation to help smooth coverage and apply under my eyes before concealer to prevent caking or fine lines. It literally plumps your skin through absorption. Argan oil is purchased more affordably from off-brands, but as a chemist I assure you that off-brands are filled with impurities, are not cleanly filtered, may include preservatives or fragrances, and may be dangerously sourced. This product is low-maintenance, not sticky, viscous, and spreads well.
- Diorshow Maximizer 3D Triple Volume Plumping Lash Primer Mascara – Sephora carries Diorshow Maximizer 3D Triple Volume Plumping Lash Primer for $30. It is an expensive primer, but my small sample tube lasted six months of daily use. I swipe it on my lashes daily to moisture, curl, thicken, and lengthen my lashes. It works exactly as expected and makes my lashes hit my eyebrows. I have used several drugstore lash primers, false lashes, and fuzz or feather base lengtheners. This step adds extra oomph to my look daily with little effort. Furthermore, it is no-fuss as you apply it like regular mascara prior to your mascara application. I prevent clumping by letting it dry completely, applying mascara, and running a spooly through my lashes to separate.
- Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Contour Concealer– Ulta carries Tarte ShapeTape Concealer for $28 and I wear Medium-Light color. If you watch youtube makeup tutorials you are likely familiar with this product. It was the rave must-have in 2016 and is easily the best concealer on market. I use it to highlight my brow bone and cover under-eye circles. It creates a refreshed bright-eyed look. A little goes a long way and the coverage is virtually 100% opaque, so I apply with a beauty blender or a concealer brush if I am in a rush. On a side note: Please choose a shade that matches your chin and neck. Do NOT choose a shade lighter than your natural skin tone. Makeup should accentuate your natural beauty and coloring, not highlight your undereyes! I do plan to purchase an additional slightly darker shade for liquid contouring in the future.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Pencil – I purchase Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil in Caramel from Sephora at $21. It contains no parabens, sulfates, or phthalates. These pencils create light, brush-like strokes to add depth, dimension, and natural color to your brows. They include Vitamin E and plant oils to create a smooth, highly pigmented stroke. Anastasia Beverly Hills offers the best color variety and it stays on better than any drug-store brand can claim. The color is in a thin but dense stick. Although one stick only lasts me 3-4 weeks of daily use, this product outshines any competitor I have found and I stock up every time I go to Sephora.
- Estee Lauder DoubleWear Foundation with 35 SPF – I purchase Estee Lauder DoubleWear Foundation in Desert Beige 2N1 from my local Belks’ Estee counter for $40. Each bottle lasts two seasons. My base color changes drastically between summer and winter and I do not keep makeup over a year. I have highly sensitive skin and use only moisturizer throughout the week. Estee Lauder Foundation is great when my skin reddens after extended adventures outdoor. I also turn to this product when I know I will be in public or taking photos throughout the day. Estee Lauder foundation is lightweight and highly pigmented. In my experience, it is non-creasing, applies thin, and dries quickly so you can quicken your makeup routine. The shades reduces undertones to create a beautiful neutral skin tone. I can even apply with a beauty blender if I want my freckles to show. I have tried every foundation in existence, from powders to creams to sprays and this is my ultimate favorite.
Let me know if you have tried any amazing products lately that I should investigate. Comment below your thoughts on these products or let me know if you buy one and love it!
With Joy, Audrey
Follow my blog with Bloglovin